Track & Field

UH posts respectable showing at LSU meet

The Cougars held their own at this weekend’s LSU Alumni Gold Invitational. With 13 top-five finishes, the Cougars were well represented at the meet, and numerous other Cougars were scattered in the top-10 of their respective events.

Christie Jones won her section of the 100-meter dash in 11.90 seconds. Tara Prier earned a personal-best in the 400-meter dash, finishing in 55.04 seconds, good for sixth place in her section.

Errol Nolan notched fourth place in the 200-meter dash with a 20.78 split, a personal-best. On the women’s side, Christie Jones finished fifth in 23.59 seconds and teammate Kalyn Floyd was close behind in sixth with a 23.61 second split, a personal-best.

Cameron LaCour earned fifth in the 110-meter hurdles, clocking in at 14.28 seconds. Jumper Thomas Lang finished seventh in 14.98 seconds. In the B section, D’Korian Ford earned second place after clocking in at 14.71 seconds.

In the 400-meter hurdles, Jason Perez placed seventh with a 53.51 second finish. In the B section, Darryl Cloud finished sixth in 53.91 seconds. In the B section of the 800-meter dash, Sammie Ivory finished third in 1 minute, 56.62 seconds.

Kathryn Ducommon had a fourth-place finish in the 3000-meter steeplechase, finishing in 11 minutes, 35.20 seconds.

Brandi Witte placed fifth in the 5000-meter run with a time of 18 minutes, 36.43 seconds.

The men’s 4×400-meter relay team, which consisted of Errol Nolan, Joseph Irabor, Garrett Hughey and Doug Kelley, came in fifth place with a 3-minute, 11.71-second finish.

Tai’shea Reese finished second in the long jump with a jump of 19 feet, 11 1/2 inches. Quin’shundolyn McPherson placed seventh in the long jump with a jump of 19 feet, 1/2 inch.

In the shot-put, Kiera Pulliam threw for 45 feet, 8 1/2 inches, good for seventh place. In the men’s shot put, Mike Sanchez was also seventh with a 51 foot, 11 1/4 inch-throw. Sanchez was eighth in the discus, throwing for 156 feet. 7 inches. Rick Fenton finished 10th in the hammer throw with a personal-best heave of 167 feet, 5 inches, the fourth-best throw in school history.

Megan Frausto was fifth in the high jump, clearing a height of 5 feet, 6 inches. Karley King was seventh in the pole vault, clearing a height of 11 feet, 2 inches.

Brittani Williams was third in the javelin throw with a 144-foot throw. Jonathan Williams finished fourth in the triple jump with a 48-foot, 11-inch jump.