Fashion

Quick fashion just a click away

With finals right around the corner and malls being practically out of reach, it is inevitable that our want for new fashion trends be fulfilled through something easier and, best of all, more affordable.

Instead of wasting gas driving around town or waiting in long lines on the weekends, the best option to shop for designer brands is to resort to Web sites that give special discounts to its registered members. Members find low-priced designer clothing and convenient shopping, which erases the hassle of driving through bad traffic, skipping schoolwork or even searching for parking at a crowded mall.

Web sites such as Gilt Groupe (www.gilt.com), Daily Candy (www.dailycandy.com) and Hautelook (www.hautelook.com) provide its members an outlook into thousands of designer styles at a much cheaper “member” price.

The movie Confessions Of A Shopaholic gave its viewers an insight on exclusive sales around town and on Web sites that feature designer products. When watching the movie, it was difficult to figure out where those sales would take place or how to gain access to such exclusivity. But upon becoming a member of a site such as the ones listed above, sales parties and online discounts are much more apparent.

It’s simple. A person can visit one of these Web sites, sign up to become a member and start shopping instantly on big brands. And even if you’re not near a computer all the time or unaware of when sales are taking place, you receive an e-mail every morning reminding you of all the sales on a particular day.

Although some designers will have many items on sale on their own personal Web sites, such as William Rast denim, becoming an exclusive member of one of these Web sites is completely worth it. Because with William Rast denim jeans being originally priced at $189.99, but 63 percent off on a sale Web site, the 30 percent discount featured on “select” styles on the brand Web site means absolutely nothing. And in turn, shopping should be a breeze with the affordability of such big brands.

Media outlets such as Oprah Magazine, teenVOGUE and Shine have praised HauteLook as the editor’s choice for “what our fashion team is crazy about this month” and as a “favorite place to shop for unbelievable designer stuff.”

No more driving around in traffic or having to search for parking at a crowded mall only to be disappointed with the lack of stock or the high prices. Join an exclusive Web site, take advantage of the sales and become a very happy shopper.