Staff Editorial

Seriously, folks; the paper’s here to serve you

We can’t emphasize it enough, and we’re sure you’re all tired of reading about it by now, but The Daily Cougar implores your feedback. Without it, we can’t know how good (or bad) of a job we’re doing at serving you, the students, with information, entertainment and an overall quality publication.

In the past, letters to the editor were the norm. With the explosion of the Internet— never mind the social networking Web sites like Facebook, Twitter and Digg.com — we rarely receive actual letters anymore. And that’s ok, but don’t think that we don’t read the comments on the Web site or check our e-mails; we do. And oftentimes, your two cents vmight even make it into our print copy.

But even if it doesn’t, we can assure you that it will be read and taken into consideration.

As our University makes its continuing strides toward flagship status, our job as members of the school’s paper is to keep up. And the best way we can do that is to hear your thoughts on what you do and don’t enjoy reading. Haven’t seen a Cougar Sutra in a while? If you miss it, send us a letter, and we’ll get our columnist on it.

And if you have some opinions of your own that you’d like voiced, you can always blog for our Web site. It’s free, and we’ll tweet and share your stories online. The more feedback we have coming in, the more news we can send out.

You can reach us in a variety of ways. We have a Facebook page, a Twitter account and, of course, our very own Web site, www.thedailycougar.com. If you send us a message or comment on any of these mediums, we’ll hear you.

Your opinions matter to us; really, they do. We probably sound like broken records by now, but we’re students, too. So your concerns are our concerns.

But we have to know what they are first. We know that letters aren’t really the style of most college students, so we’ve adapted to better suit you.