Fashion

Local shop offers fashion orginality

Malls are becoming bigger, while gaining more access to the same old styles that all mall-shoppers will eventually get a hold of. Seeing a cute gray dress you bought being adorned by someone else is unpleasant, but that’s how it goes when shopping at pop mall boutiques will.

To escape this mall monogamy, there are cutesy boutiques opening up around the Houston area. This city has yet to reach high fashion status, but these boutiques are bringing on that rise. Serendipity3, a local boutique near Midtown, is among the first boutiques that get their products straight from the Hollywood fashion capital, Los Angeles. These styles come from brands such as BB Dakota, Blaque Label, Miss Me, Gestuz and Tulle.

This chic boutique has a variety of clothing and accessories, but the catch is to be able to grab these items at first glance as they do not come in a large quantity. And for Houstonians that are absolutely sick of the common mall fashion, the lack of quantity holds certain exclusivity to their wardrobe.

Serendipity3’s designer clothing are affordable, while still having great quality in material. The boutique gets new shipment, in every other week, but it offers a 30-50 percent off sales rack on a daily basis.

Apart from the many labels mentioned above, Serepndipity3 features clothing and accessories from its own line, Serendipity Label. When boutique owner Ruby Haro was asked what she found best about her line, she mentioned that it was their asymmetrical cut that was the most popular. These one-shoulder pieces are really one of a kind and offered in different styles, whether it’s on a dress, a blouse or even a sweater.

Out of curiosity, I asked Haro why she thinks that girls around the city should stop here, and she said, “We have unique pieces. You won’t find this at the mall.” There you have it, girls. A great boutique with the hippest styles located in the heart of Houston.