Students share college admission tips for contest

Entitle Direct Group is sponsoring a national scholarship contest for college students and high school seniors, offering prize money toward their tuition.

Entitle Direct is asking students to submit their best tip on working through the college admission process. Entries will be judged and the winner will be awarded a 35 percent reduction off of one semester’s tuition — up to $7,000.

“We believe that advancing education is a very important activity for individuals as well as companies,” Entitle Direct head of sales and marketing Edward Baum said. “That is why we decided to create the college tips scholarship contest.”

Submissions should be no more than 100 words. Students can submit up to one tip per week until the contest’s  Dec. 7 deadline.

Entitle Direct Group Inc. is the parent company of Entitle Insurance Company. It launched Entitle Direct in 2008. The insurance part of the company educates people on the home mortgage closing process and allows prospective homebuyers to shop for title insurance.

“Educating consumers about the mortgage process is our mission,” Baum said. “Staying on the theme of education, we wanted to extend that commitment and express it a different way by offering this contest.”

Although Entitle Direct does not offer its insurance services in Texas yet, the contest is open nationally to all students.

There has been about 184 entries from Texas and seven entries specifically from UH as of Oct. 11, when the contest started.

Baum said more contests are planned for the future.

Students can get more information and enter submissions at the Entitle Direct website at www.entitledirect.com/collegetips.