Talk back: How did you feel about the first week of classes?

Would you support allowing CHL (concealed handgun license) holders to conceal carry on campus?

• Yes; allowing armed students on campus will deter criminals from targeting UH (48%, 209 Votes)
  • No; armed students will only create more problems and/or more crime (24%, 107 Votes)
  • Yes; but only if students register with the University that they plan to carry (15%, 68 Votes)
  • No; increasing the number of armed professionals will be sufficient in securing the campus (11%, 49 Votes)
  • Unsure (2%, 8 Votes)

Total Voters: 440

Julia Lonnegren

“I’m done with most of my core required courses, so it’s fun to be able to start taking the courses that are included in the program.” —Julia Lonnegren, Business Junior

Ivi Saucedo

“What can I say? My classes are getting smaller, though they’re still pretty big. The professors are cool. It’s going to be tougher than last semester, but it’ll be OK." — Ivi Saucedo, Civil Engineering Sophomore

Sean Lopez

“I’m in a lot of classes that I’m going to enjoy, and I’m in a lot of classes I’m not going to enjoy. And I discovered which professors I should be scared of.” — Sean Lopez, Computer Information Systems Junior

Chris Schellhaas

“My classes were good. In one class, my teacher is very nice, very motherly. And the TA is like every other one I had — it’s like I already know the guy.” — Chris Schellhaas, Computer Programming Junior

Kristen Maldonado

“My classes were all relatively centered so I didn’t have to walk too far. And I don’t normally don’t have all my classes with great teachers, but I actually ended up getting it this year.” — Kristen Maldonado, English Literature Senior

Lindsay Fyffe

“I was surprised with how crowded everything was — the campus, and the parking lots — everything.” — Lindsay Fyffe, Music Senior