Paint the town red this football season

With both Cougar football and the Texans’ season back in full swing this week, Houston is the place to be if you’re looking to catch a game on the weekend and avoid spending a fortune on food and drinks. There are several places around town that provide cheap eats, full pitchers and a great time for Houston sports fanatics.

For the Cougars that don’t live in the heart of the city, Stats Sports Bar is located off of Louetta road in North Houston. Owned by UH alumna and former Buggy Beauty Jessica Statlander, catching games here is one of your best bets in Houston. Stats serves $4 Belevedere Bloody Marys, $2 frozen Apple Martinis, $2 frozen Jack and cokes and $15 gets you a bucket of your favorite domestic brews. Sundays at Stats is all about football, and the fun continues long after the game ends because they offer $5 domestic pitchers.

Buffalo Wild Wings has always been a popular place to get your football fix on Sunday, but the Buffalo Wild Wings in Rice Village is the best of them all. This location is great for stopping in before and after a Texans game since it’s just down Kirby from Reliant Stadium. UH students also get a discount on regular menu items with their Cougar ID card.

If you want to stay closer to campus, Lucky’s Pub is located on the outskirts of downtown and is one of Houston’s best sports pubs in town. Lucky’s has great drink specials, offering $2 canned beers, $3 Bloody Marys and $6 Mimosas and Bellinis.

Their beer selection is something to marvel at as well — they’ve got more than 250 brews to choose from. They’re also Cougar football fans. There is plenty of parking, seating, and patio area to accommodate even the largest of parties.