UHDPS issues flood advisory
In response to this morning’s weather, the UH Department of Public Safety is asking students and faculty to avoid traveling to campus until flooding subsides.
The UHDPS has dispatched crews in response on passable roads, but reports that some are stranded on campus.
These roadways are experiencing flooding:
- Intersection of Cullen Blvd. and Wheeler St.
- Intersection of Cullen Blvd. and Elgin St.
- Entrance 16 at Cullen
- Entrance 17 at Elgin
- Spur 5 entrance on I-45N
- 3800 block of Wheeler St. (Near the Child Care Center)
- Wheeler St. between Calhoun and Spur 5
- Spur 5 at Elgin St. (Lockwood underpass)
After issuing a tornado warning at 9:30 a.m., the UHDPS alerted travelers of flooded roadways an hour later.
In case of an emergency, the UHDPS advises calling 911 or (713) 743-3333.