Swimming & Diving

UH takes two

The Cougars improved to 3-2 on the season with wins over Tulane and Rice on Saturday. | Josheph Lefler/The Daily Cougar

The Cougars defeated conference adversaries Rice (212-151) and Tulane (258-111), but lost to LSU (211-161) in a quad-team meet this weekend at the CRWC.

The Cougars improve to 3-2 overall after taking seven top-three finishes on Saturday afternoon.

Head Coach Augie Busch was happy with the outcome of the meet and the performance of his team.

“They are tired, and they are racing hard,” he said. “It was good to pull out two wins in this meet. LSU is on a high level. On the whole, it went pretty well. I’m pretty excited with where we are.”

In the first event of the meet, the 400-medley relay, the Cougars finished as runner up with a time of 3:52.21. The team also ended the event with a fourth-place finish in the 200-free relay (1:37.22). Senior Kim Eeson, who swam a butterfly leg of the second-place medley relay team, also had a solid performance in the 100 freestyle with a runner-up finish with the time of 51.55.

Junior Moira Fraser, who swam on the medley-relay team along with Eeson, finished just behind Eeson in the 100 free in third (52.76).  Eeason and Fraser also finished in first and second in the 200 free on Friday night.

Junior diver Julia Lonnegren was the only first-place winner for UH, taking an unscored-platform event. Lonnegren also took second in the 3M.