UH group supports Snowdrop Foundation

Students may have seen tall banners supporting the Snowdrop Foundation in coordination with those of the Collegiate Entrepreneurs Organization. These banners are outside the satellite, University Center or in Melcher Hall where UH’s chapter of CEO hosted a multi-location fundraiser Tuesday.

The Snowdrop Foundation, which was founded by radio host Kevin Kline, assists patients and families at Texas Children’s Cancer Center through funding for continued research to eliminate childhood cancer. Additionally, they provide scholarships for college bound pediatric cancer patients and survivors.

Over the past three years, Kline has done runs to raise awareness for his cause.

“This past year I tried to run 62 miles a day for seven consecutive days and the symbolism behind 62 is that there are 62 beds at the Texas Children’s cancer center,” Kline said.

“So at any given time there are 62 kids fighting for their life. I was only able to finish 301 of the 434 miles before I got injured.”

The students involved with CEO say to truly understand being a business professional, entrepreneur and small business owner that you must also grasp the concept of giving back to your community.

“There are a lot of other student organizations that do bake and food sales,” said political science senior Esther Buede, CEO vice president. “We are able to raise money not only for our organization, but for charity by having a relationship with Snowdrop Foundation. It’s innovative and different than a bake sale.”

CEO doesn’t raise money only for Snowdrop Foundation, they continue to give to charities in the community; they have also hosted a fundraiser for Champions Kids Camp.

“We sponsored kids who have had a tough life or tragic experience and gave them the opportunity to go to camp and have a good summer and bring smiles back to their life,” said entrepreneurship sophomore Timur Daudpota, CEO president.

“We got to send a few kids to camp and these kids needed it very badly.”

The Snowdrop Foundation gets its name from the snowdrop flower.

“The snowdrop comes in twenty different varieties but still only has one color, white. Childhood cancer comes in many varieties, but it still has only has one effect, to destroy,” said the Snowdrop Foundation’s website.

In addition to their charitable efforts, CEO also gives students interested in entrepreneurship an opportunity to network with similar individuals from students to professionals. Among the many events, they host round table discussions with local professionals that allow students to receive real-life feedback.

• Community Enterprise & Women Development Organization (CEWDO) is a non-profit organization working for the social development and economic empowerment of the women and girls in the community. CEWDO provide free consultation, skill development training, and product display to the home based skilled/unskilled women and girls to enable them to live their lives independently.

Is it convenient for your organization to support CEWDO by posting your free advice link on CEWDO facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Community-Enterprise-Women...
    Best regards.