Food

Timmy Chan’s: reviewed

Timmy Chan’s chicken wing packs flavor to satisfy all appetites. | Rebekah Stearns /The Daily Cougar

The Original Timmy Chan Restaurant may not be very original, but it does serve up some delicious chicken wings on a budget.

Timmy Chan’s place is a neighborhood favorite, and it’s easy to see why.

Past the security guard and bare CCTV cameras that decorate the interior, three large flat screen TVs display a 68-item menu consisting of dishes that can be found at any KFC.

The six wings with rice combo is a local favorite and costs about $6.50. To think that these are buffalo wings would be a mistake. Six of these monstrous wings could easily feed two adults.

The price and portions are fantastic, but what really stands out is the flavor of the wings — which makes this some of the best fried chicken in the city. There is an undefinable addicting flavor that makes it difficult to stop eating.

Brave, hungry, cash-strapped students with a fistful of singles and some change could do a lot worse than Timmy Chan’s meaty, delicious chicken wings.

• Uh, this is a review? Basically you can just sum up this review as “get the $6.50 combo b/c they have awesome wings”. I see six paragraphs that don’t give much useful information pertaining to their food or restaurant experience.

Not even an address! I’m rather disappointed this review made it out the editing room. I mean this might have well been an ad piece. Almost no useful information, not even any mention of negatives (or lack thereof) to this place. I hope future reviews could at least be on par with the previous restaurant reviewers.