Activities & Organizations

UH accommodates refugee offices

The University Center is suffering from a power outage — one that is projected to last until Monday at the earliest.

“The cause of the power outage is under investigation,” said Richard Bonnin, the executive director of media relations for UH.

Bonnin had hoped that the UC would be up and running by Tuesday.

“We are working with Tellepsen, Capp Electric and UH plant operations staff to identify and evaluate the entire system to bring power back on line,” Bonnin said.

According to Bonnin, the areas affected were junction boxes, which are containers for electrical connections, elevators and the fire detection and fire-suppression systems.

Once the center is open, it will be posted to the UC and Division of Student Affairs websites.

“The first area/service to re-open will be the Bookstore/UC First Floor (projected to be the beginning of next week), followed by the middle of next week for the offices and services on the Second Floor of the University Center,” according to a UH press release.

In the meantime, students are encouraged to visit the interim offices, which are listed on the UC website, if they need anything.

In the interim period, offices have been re-located as follows:

• The University Centers (including UC CARS, CreationStation and UC Administration), Center for Student Involvement and the Center for Fraternity and Sorority Life will be housed in room 1004 of the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center.
  • The Dean of Students Office will be housed in the Campus Recreation Suite Room 2000
  • The Women’s Resource Center is being housed in the Women’s Gender Sexuality Studies Office in Agnes Arnold Room 624.
  • The LGBT Resource Center is being housed in the Learning Support Services Office on the First Floor of Cougar Village.
  • Veterans’ Services Office is being housed in the UH Welcome Center Room 134.
  • The UC Business Office is being housed in General Services Building Room 268.