Crime

Crime Report: From April 8 to April 14

The following is a partial report of campus crime between April 8 and Sunday. All information is selected from the files of the UH Department of Public Safety. Information or questions regarding the cases below should be directed to UHDPS at (713) 743-3333.

Theft: At 3 p.m. April 8 at the M.D. Anderson Memorial Library, a student reported that someone stole his unattended and unsecured laptop computer. The case is inactive.

Burglary of a Motor Vehicle: At 9:45 a.m. April 8 at the Fine Arts Building, a vending company reported that an unknown person or persons burglarized its unattended and secured vehicle. The case is active.

Theft: At 7:58 a.m. April 9 at the M.D. Anderson Memorial Library, a staff member reported that someone stole a white maintenance scooter from the library loading dock. The case is active.

Assault: At 1:35 p.m. April 9 at the M.D. Anderson Memorial Library, a student reported that a man assaulted her as she entered the library. The case is active.

Burglary of a Motor Vehicle: At 5:20 p.m. April 9 in Lot 21A, a student reported the theft of his unattended and secured bicycle from the bed of his truck. The case is inactive.

Theft: At 9:16 p.m. Thursday at the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center, a visitor reported that his unsecured and unattended backpack was stolen along with his cell phone, keys and wallet. The case is active.

Theft: At 2:14 p.m. Thursday at McElhinney Hall, a staff member reported the theft of a UH-owned golf cart, which was later found. The case is unfounded.

Criminal Trespass: At 2:38 a.m. Friday at the Cambridge Oaks Apartments, an unaffiliated visitor was arrested for criminal trespass and transported to Harris County Jail. The case is cleared by arrest.

Criminal Mischief: At 7:31 a.m. Friday at the General Services Building, a staff member reported damage to the General Services entry door. The case is inactive.

Traffic Offense: At 1:12 a.m. Saturday at the Welcome Center, a UH emergency call box was struck and damaged by a driver who failed to comply with state requirements after hitting a fixed object.

Public Intoxication: At 4:57 a.m. Saturday at Calhoun Lofts, a student was found to be publicly intoxicated and was transported to a hospital. The case is cleared by exception.

Aggravated Robbery: At 9:41 p.m. Saturday at Cambridge Oaks Apartments, two students reported they were robbed and held at gunpoint by several unknown individuals. The case is active.

Criminal Mischief: At 12:56 a.m. Sunday at Cambridge Oaks Apartments, a student came home and found her apartment window shattered. The case is inactive.