Crime

Crime Log Aug. 20 to 26

Traffic Offense: A staff member reported that a UH truck struck a loading dock door at the Health and Biomedical Sciences Building and the driver failed to leave the required information. The incident occurred at 8:03 a.m. August 19. The case is active.

Harassment: A faculty member reported receiving threatening messages through his personal and professional email accounts in Melcher Hall. The incident occurred sometime between 2009 to 11:34 a.m. on Aug. 20. The case is active.

Deceptive Business Practice: A UH student was stopped by an unknown man who fraudulently demanded payment for making imaginary repairs to her vehicle in Lot 20A. The incident occurred between 4:05 p.m. and 6:20 p.m. Aug. 20. The case is active.

Criminal Instrument: A unaffiliated individual was observed cutting the lock off a bike at the Health and Biomedical Sciences Building. The individual received a citation for Unlawful Use of a Criminal Instrument and issued a campus-wide Criminal Trespass warning. The incident occurred at 2:13 a.m. Aug. 21. The case is cleared by citation.

Criminal Mischief: An unknown person released a fire extinguisher into a hallway at Bayou Oaks Apartments. The incident occurred between 5:57 a.m. and 6:33 a.m. Aug. 21. The case is inactive.

Theft: A staff member reported the theft of his electronic tablet at the Classroom and Business Building. The incident occurred between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Aug. 21. The case is inactive.

Criminal Trespass: An unaffiliated individual was issued a campus-wide Criminal Trespass warning when it was determined he was panhandling at Cullen Family Plaza. The incident occurred at 2:20 p.m. on Thursday.

Theft/Credit or Debit Card Abuse: A UH student reported her unattended and unsecured wallet was stolen at the M.D. Anderson Memorial Library and someone attempted multiple fraudulent credit card charges. The incident occurred between 3 and 3:30 p.m. on Thursday. The case is inactive.

Criminal Mischief: A  student reported her unattended vehicle was vandalized in Lot 21B. The incident occurred between 2 and 4:40 p.m. on Thursday. The case is inactive.

Graffiti: An unidentified staff member reported finding graffiti on several buildings, including Farish Hall. The incident occurred between 5 p.m. Thursday and 8:05 a.m. Friday. The case is active.

Consumption of Alcohol by a Minor/Criminal Mischief/Assault: An underage UH student was detained for Consumption of Alcohol by a Minor, Criminal Mischief and Assault at Cullen Oaks Apartments. The student was issued a Harris County citation for the alcohol violation and released to a parent. The complainants in the other violations declined to press charges. The incident occurred at 1:14 a.m. on Friday. The case is cleared by citation.

Traffic Offense: An unaffiliated individual stated that his unattended vehicle was struck and the striking driver failed to leave the information required by law at the stadium construction site. The incident occurred between 7:28 and 5:30 a.m. on Friday. The case is inactive.

Theft: A staff member reported the theft of a loudspeaker from the Athletic/Alumni Building. The incident occurred between 12:01 a.m. and 9:03 a.m. on Saturday. The case is inactive.

Driving While Intoxicated/Failure to Stop and Render Aid: A unaffiliated individual was arrested for Failure to Stop and Give Information and Driving While Intoxicated after striking a vehicle at 3900 I-45 South. The incident occurred between 3:50 and 4:02 a.m on Saturday. The case is cleared by arrest.

Sexual Assault: A  student reported on Saturday that she was sexually assaulted in Moody Towers. The incident occurred between Aug. 31 and Nov. 20, 2012. The case is active.

Sexual Assault: A student reported that she was sexually assaulted by an unknown suspect at Bayou Oaks Apartments. The incident occurred between 1:58 and 3:07 a.m. on Sunday. The case is active.

Unauthorized Use of a Motor Vehicle: An unaffiliated individual was arrested for the theft of a taxicab in Lot 9C. The incident occurred between 2:15 and 2:44 p.m. on Sunday. The case is cleared by arrest.

Possession of Drug Paraphernalia: A student was issued a citation for Possession of Drug Paraphernalia after a resident adviser reported the smell of marijuana from the student’s room in Calhoun Lofts. A Student Life and Residential Life Referral will be issued. The incident occurred at 6:47 p.m. on Monday. The case is cleared by citation.

Harassment: A student reported receiving unwanted telephone calls and text messages from a past acquaintance. A police officer contacted the suspect, who agreed to cease further contact. The incident occurred between 5:15 and 5:21 a.m. on Monday. The case is cleared by exception.

Theft: A staff member reported the theft of an unattended and secured trailer near the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center. The incident occurred between midnight Saturday and 4:48 p.m. Monday. The case is active.