Campus

Calendar: Thursday to Sunday

Today

Fair: The Fall 2013 Engineering Career Fair, hosted by the Cullen College of Engineering will welcome engineering students to meet potential employers and get the chance to promote their organization. The event will be from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the UH Hilton.

Fair: The Conrad N. Hilton College of Hotel and Restaurant Management’s 16 student organizations will all be at the Hilton College Student Organization Fair, which is held at the beginning of every semester. Students will have the chance to find out about upcoming events and will learn about each organization and how to get involved. The event is free and will be from 10 a.m. to noon in the south lobby on the first floor of the UH Hilton.

Lecture: Proper Etiquette Workshop will be held by Sigma Lambda Gamma for free in front of the M.D. Anderson Memorial Library 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.

Meeting: The C.T. Bauer College of Business and the Bauer College Alumni Association 2013 annual meeting will be from 6 to 9 p.m. at the Stubblefield Auditorium in Michael J. Cemo Hall. A reception will follow at the Insperity Center within the University Classroom and Business Building.

Meeting: The annual Bauer Honors fall mixer and Bauer Honors Commons Grand Opening, a mix-and-mingle reception at which  alumni, faculty, staff and students can network and learn about the current honors program, as well as celebrate the grand opening of the new commons, will be held for free from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m at the Bauer Honors Commons in Melcher Hall Room 250.

Friday

Cross Country: The Cougars are participating at the 38th annual Justin F. Cooper Memorial Rice Invitational on Friday. Teams from Houston Baptist, Lamar, McNeese State, Texas A&M, Texas Southern, Texas State, Stephen F. Austin and host Rice will compete this weekend.

Sunday

Soccer: UH travels across town to take on Houston Baptist, on Sunday at 7 p.m. in its last road game before conference play begins Sept. 26 against Temple. The Cougars’ next home game is a Sept. 20 contest against Louisiana-Lafayette.