Events

Calendar: Sept. 13 to 15

TODAY: 

Arts: The Blaffer Art Museum continues the free exhibition, “Feast: Radical Hospitality in Contemporary Art,” from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Religion: Visit the A.D. Bruce Religion Center for a prayer at 12:30 p.m. in room 201, Meditation Chapel.

Off-campus: Socialize, enjoy drinks, dancing, high-energy DJs and the chance to view James Turrell’s “The Light Inside” exhibition at Mixed Media at the Museum of Fine Arts. Ticket information can be found here.

SATURDAY:

Arts: Sign up for a two-hour trip with Gabriel Martinez to Houston’s taquerias and discuss the city’s urban planning at the Blaffer Art Museum. The tour will be from noon to 3 p.m. Registration is required, and more information can be found here.

Events: The Student Program Board is hosting a “Glow Party” from 8:30 p.m. to midnight at Lynn Eusan Park. Experience the fun with face painting, music, a UV dance floor, prizes and more.

SUNDAY:

Off-campus: Children can engage in artistic adventures and workshops at the Texas Children’s Art Festival at 1 p.m. at the Bayou Bend Collection and Gardens. Admission is free. More information can be found here.

Off-campus: The Houston Ballet presents “Four Premieres,” which includes Christopher Bruce’s “Intimate Pages” and more. The show begins at 2 p.m. at the Wortham Theater Center, and tickets start at $19. More information can be found here.