Crime

Crime Log Sept. 17 to Sunday

The following is a partial report of campus crime between Sept. 17 and Sunday. All information is selected from the files of the UH Department of Public Safety. Information or questions regarding the cases below should be directed to UHDPS at (713) 742-3333.

Traffic Offense: A student reported her vehicle was struck and damaged at the University Hilton Hotel Garage, and the striking driver failed to leave the information required by law. The incident occurred between 9:47 a.m. and 12:45 p.m. Sept. 17. The case is inactive.

Criminal Mischief: A student reported damage to his unattended vehicle in Lot 20C. The incident occurred between 4:45 and 6:30 p.m. on Sept. 17. The case is inactive.

Terroristic Threat: A student reported being threatened after a verbal altercation at Agnes Arnold Hall. The incident occurred between 7 and 9 p.m. Sept. 17. The case is active.

Traffic Offense: A visitor reported observing a vehicle in Lot 16I strike another vehicle and leave the scene without leaving the state required information. The incident occurred at 12:30 p.m. Wednesday. The driver of the striking vehicle was later identified, and the case is cleared by exception.

Theft: A student reported his unattended and unsecured laptop was stolen from the Law Center. The incident occurred between 4:48 and 5:01 p.m. Wednesday. The case is inactive.

Theft: A student reported his unattended and unsecured laptop computer was stolen from the Moores School of Music. The incident occurred between 7:30 and 7:32 p.m. Wednesday. The case is inactive.

Criminal Trespass: A non-affiliated individual was observed walking the halls of Cougar Village I. The individual was issued a criminal trespass warning for the entire campus and escorted off-campus. The incident occurred at 11:55 p.m. Wednesday. The case is cleared by exception.

Criminal Trespass: A student was issued a criminal trespass warning for Moody Towers resulting from a violation of the University’s sexual misconduct policy. The incident occurred at 5:08 p.m. Thursday. The case is inactive.

Theft: A student reported his motor vehicle was stolen from Lot 16I. The incident occurred between 1:30 and 7:10 p.m. Thursday. The case is inactive.

Burglary of a Building or Habitation: A faculty member reported the theft of two notepads from his secured office in Agnes Arnold Hall. The incident occurred between 4:15 p.m. Thursday and 9 a.m. Friday. The case is inactive.

Disorderly Conduct/Consumption of Alcohol by a Minor: A student was issued a Harris County citation for the consumption of alcohol by a minor and disorderly conduct when he was observed urinating in public at the Bayou Oaks Grounds. The incident occurred at 2:05 a.m. Friday. The case is cleared by citation.

Traffic Offense: A student reported that someone struck his parked vehicle in Lot 20A and failed to leave the information required by law. The incident occurred between 3:30 and 4:30 p.m. Saturday. The case is inactive.

Driving While Intoxicated: An unaffiliated motorist was arrested for driving while intoxicated in Lot 18A following a complaint of a vehicle being driven erratically. The motorist was transported to Harris County Jail. The incident occurred at 3:29 a.m. Sunday. The case is cleared by arrest.