Golf

Cougars believe national title is within reach

The Cougars made strides their performance on the green this fall and feel that with their program is among the best in the nation.

UH ranks No. 19 in the nation, according to Golfstat.com, and has been developing a group of leaders  that have performed well on the course.

“I believe we have a very physically talented group with lots of mental toughness,” said head coach Jonathan Dismuke. “We work hard on our chemistry and get along very well.”

UH played consistently in its four tournaments with some strong team finishes and two individual championships.

Victories from junior Kyle Pilgrim at the Fighting Irish Gridiron Classic and junior Roman Robledo at the Northern Intercollegiate gave confidence to the team for the upcoming spring season.

“I am very fortunate to be a part of this team; I feel as if this group of players are something special,” said associate head coach Chris Hill.

“I believe that we have the talent to actually win a national championship this year, and our guys believe it too. This group that we have now are pretty close, have great chemistry and really push each other to be better everyday.”

UH finished the fall with confidence, with a top-five finish in each of the tournaments in which it received a team score. UH had its sights set high for the season and felt it did well. However, the team is continuing to strive toward success.

“We have a really good squad and we stand a great chance of becoming the best team in the country; we are a really close group because we do so many things altogether. They are not only teammates but also considered best friends,” said sophomore Vincent Martino.

“Coach Dismuke and coach Hill are two awesome coaches, and we’re just thankful to have these two great guys on our side.”

The Cougars said these were the building blocks to get them where they need to be and are getting better every day in order to bring home a national championship.

“Every time we played and didn’t win, we left feeling a little disappointed but mainly motivated to improve for the next one,” Pilgram said.