Crime

Crime log: Nov. 11 to Sunday

The following is a partial report of campus crime between Nov. 11 and Sunday. All information is selected from the files of the UH Department of Public Safety. Information or questions regarding the cases below should be directed to UH DPS at (713)-743-3333.

Criminal Mischief: A student reported that her unattended vehicle was vandalized by a possibly known person. The incident occurred between 8:15 and 8:45 a.m. Nov. 11 in the East Parking Garage. The case is active, pending new information.

Theft: A student reported someone stole her unattended and unsecured laptop. The incident occurred between 4 and 4:05 p.m. Nov. 12 in the M. D. Anderson Memorial Library. The case is active, pending new information.

Consumption of Alcohol by a Minor: A student was issued a Harris County citation for consumption of alcohol by a minor. When the student became belligerent and refused to sign the citation, he was arrested and released to Harris County Jail. The incident occurred at 2:40 a.m. Nov. 12 in Taub Hall. The case is cleared by arrest.

Graffiti: A student reported graffiti spray painted in the stairwells of Cougar Village. The incident occurred between 12:20 and 9:30 a.m. Nov. 10 and was reported Nov. 12. The case is active, pending new information.

Burglary of a Building or Habitation: Two students reported their belongings stolen from their unattended and unsecured dorm room. The incident occurred between 5 and 5:05 p.m. Nov. 12 at Cougar Village. The case is active, pending new information.

Public Intoxication/Consumption of Alcohol by a Minor: A student under the legal drinking age was determined to be highly intoxicated and was transported by Houston Fire Department to the hospital. The student was issued a referral. The incident occurred at 7:38 p.m. Nov. 12 in Lot 11B. The case is cleared by referral.

Theft of Service: A staff member reported someone failed to pay for parking. The incident occurred at 5:04 p.m. Nov. 12 at the Hilton UH. The case is active.

Theft/Credit Card Abuse: A student reported someone stole her unattended and unsecured wallet, and unauthorized charges were made. The incident occurred between 11:40 a.m. Nov. 12 and 10:30 a.m. Nov. 12 in the Hilton UH. The case is active, pending new information.

Traffic Offense: A student reported someone struck her unattended vehicle and failed to leave the information required by state law. The incident occurred between 10:20 a.m. Oct. 20 and 6 p.m. Nov. 12 in the Stadium Parking Garage. The case is active.

Theft/Credit Card Abuse: A student reported someone stole her unattended and unsecured wallet, and unauthorized charges were made. The incident occurred between 11:40 a.m. Nov. 12 and 10:30 a.m. Wednesday in the Hilton UH. The case is active, pending new information.

Burglary of a Building or Habitation/Credit Card Abuse: A student reported he entered his unattended and unsecured dorm room to find someone in the process of burglarizing his room. The suspect ran away, and it was later determined that he had stolen items from the student’s wallet and made unauthorized transactions. The incident occurred between 4:10 and 4:15 p.m. Wednesday at Cougar Village. The case is active.

Theft: A student reported someone stole his unattended and secured bicycle. The incident occurred between 11:30 p.m. Nov. 11 and 4:00 p.m. Wednesday at the Cullen Oaks bike rack. The case is active, pending new information.

Assault/Resisting Arrest/Credit Card Abuse: Two students reported being assaulted. The suspect was stopped, was found to be in possession of stolen property, and resisted arrest. The suspect was released to Harris County Jail. The incident occurred at 5:21 p.m. Thursday. The case is cleared by arrest.

Fail to Stop and Render Aid: A student reported she was involved in an accident and the striking vehicle left the scene without providing the information required by law. The incident occurred at 4 p.m. Thursday at 3900 Wheeler. The case is active.