Crime

Crime log: Jan. 11 to Wednesday

The following is a partial report of campus crime between Jan. 11 and Wednesday. All information is selected from the files of the UH Department of Public Safety. Information or questions regarding the cases below should be directed to UH DPS at (713) 742-3333.

Theft of Service/Criminal Mischief: A staff member reported seeing a driver physically raise the parking garage gate arm and drive his vehicle through without paying for parking at the University Hilton Hotel Garage. The incident occurred at 2:09 p.m. on Jan. 11. The case is active, pending new information.

Public Intoxication: A security officer reported a student at Cougar Place Grounds who was under the influence of alcohol and was a danger to himself and others. The student was issued Student Life and Residential Life referrals and transported to the Houston Center for Sobriety. The incident occurred at 12:59 a.m. on Jan. 12. The case is cleared by referral.

Burglary, Coin-Operated/Collection Machine: A UHPD officer observed a vending machine that had been burglarized at Philip G. Hoffman Hall. The incident occurred between 6:58 and 7:05 p.m. on Jan. 12. The case is active, pending new information.

Criminal Trespass: An unaffiliated individual was arrested for criminal trespass after being discovered sleeping inside Moore School of Music. The individual was transported to Harris County Jail. The incident occurred at 8:38 a.m. on Jan. 13. The case is cleared by arrest.

Theft: A student reported on Jan. 13 that someone stole her unattended and secured bicycle from the stadium garage. The incident occurred between noon Nov. 20 and noon Dec. 10. The case is inactive.

Theft: A student reported on Jan. 13 that her bicycle was missing from the bike rack where she parked it at Engineering 1. A search of impounded bicycles did not reveal the student’s bike. The incident occurred between noon Nov. 13 and noon Nov. 25. The case is inactive.

Burglary of a Motor Vehicle: A student reported his unattended, secured vehicle was burglarized at Cullen Oaks Apartment Garage. The incident occurred between 9:30 p.m. on Jan. 13 and 7:45 a.m. on Jan. 14. The case is active, pending new information.

Theft: A student’s laundry was reported stolen from the Cougar Place laundry room. The incident occurred between 12:50 and 4 p.m. on Jan. 14. The case is inactive.

Theft: A student reported the theft of his property from the Science Building. The incident occurred between 5 p.m. on Jan. 3 and 4:15 p.m. on Jan. 14. The case is active, pending new information.

Theft: A student reported the theft of his bicycle from Cullen Oaks Grounds. The incident occurred between 8 p.m. on Jan. 13 and 11 a.m. on Jan. 14. The case is active.

Criminal Trespass: An unaffiliated individual was issued a Harris County citation for criminal trespass at Cougar Village 2. The individual was also issued a campuswide trespass warning before being released. The incident occurred at 9:33 p.m. on Jan. 14. The case is cleared by citation.

Criminal Mischief: A UHPD officer reported damage to a fire extinguisher door at Bayou Oaks Apartments. The incident occurred at 12:22 a.m. on Jan. 15. The case is inactive.

Theft: A staff member reported on Jan. 15 the theft of an unattended and unsecured tool kit from the University Center. The incident occurred between 5 p.m. on Jan. 3 and 8 a.m. on Jan. 6. The case is active, pending new information.

Theft: A student reported that someone stole his unattended, secured bicycle from Cullen Oaks Apartments. The incident occurred between 6 p.m. Jan. 14 and 9 a.m. Jan. 15. The case is inactive.

Off-Campus Incident: A staff member reported the theft of a UH-owned laptop from an unattended, secured vehicle off-campus. The incident occurred at 1:32 p.m. on Jan. 15. The case is active, pending new information.

Criminal Trespass: An individual was issued a criminal trespass warning for the M.D. Anderson Memorial Library. While issuing the warning, officers discovered the individual had multiple arrest warrants. The individual was taken into custody and transported to Harris County Jail. The incident occurred at 7:46 p.m. on Jan. 15. The case is cleared by arrest.

Theft: A student reported his unattended and unsecured wallet stolen from the M.D. Anderson Memorial Library. The incident occurred between 11:15 a.m. and 11:15 p.m. on Jan. 15. The case is active, pending new information.