Women's Basketball

Struggling Cougars seek win at USF

The Cougars (4-15, 0-8) will travel to Tampa, Fla., to take on the Bulls (10-9, 5-3) today in hopes of their first win not only for interim head coach Wade Scott, but in the American Athletic Conference.

The Bulls are coming off a 28-point loss at No.1 ranked Connecticut, but had won five of their previous six games. As for the Cougars, they have played good enough defense to keep them in games, but have struggled to score — scoring only 56.3 points per game, last in the conference.

UH dropped a 73-60 decision to SMU on Saturday after a slow start prohibited a comeback attempt. Senior forward Te’Onna Campbell said the Cougars have yet to find an identity.

“We are the only team in the conference that doesn’t have a rhythm of what we do and what we do best,” Campbell said. “Once we can find a rhythm in that and not let other teams interfere with that, then we will be fine.”

Campbell has been the Cougars’ most consistent player, leading the team in scoring, second with rebounds and first in steals while playing hard-nosed defense.

Bulls guard Courtney Williams leads the team in scoring (15.7) and second with rebounds (6.7).

Scott said one of the biggest obstacles his team needs to overcome is to make better decisions with the ball in the last few possessions of the game.