Crime

Crime log: Feb. 2 to 13

The following is a partial report of campus crime between Feb. 2 and Thursday. All information is selected from the files of the UH Department of Public Safety. Information or questions regarding the cases below should be directed to UH DPS at (713) 743-3333.

Criminal Mischief: A student reported that someone slashed his vehicle’s tires in Lot 20C. The incident occurred between 10:35 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. on Feb. 2. The case is active.

Traffic Offense: A staff member reported that her parked vehicle was struck and damaged by an unknown driver in Lot 13A who failed to leave the information required by law. The incident occurred between 12:20 and 7:45 p.m. on Feb. 4. The case is inactive.

Disorderly Conduct: A UHPD officer responded to a verbal altercation between a student and an unaffiliated individual in Lot 11A. Both were released without charges because there was no evidence that a physical altercation occurred. The incident occurred between 10:50 and 10:57 p.m. on Feb. 4. The case is cleared by exception.

Public Intoxication: A UHPD officer observed a student inside his parked vehicle at the Cougar Village circle drive impaired by some substance. Deemed to be a danger to himself and others, the individual was arrested and released to Harris County Jail. The incident occurred at 12:22 a.m. on Wednesday. The case is cleared by arrest.

Theft: A student reported that someone removed her clothes from a secured locker in the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center. The incident occurred between 1 and 7 p.m. on Wednesday. The case is inactive.

Possession of Drug Paraphernalia: A resident assistant reported the smell of marijuana in Moody Towers, and when officers arrived and located the origin of the smell, the occupants of the room were issued citations for possession of drug paraphernalia. Student life and residential life referrals were also issued. The incident occurred at 9:35 p.m. on Wednesday. The case is cleared by citation.

Impersonating a Public Servant/Trespass, Education Code: A student reported a suspicious person who claimed to be a police officer at Lot 21B. The unaffiliated suspect was located, and it was determined that he was not a police officer. The Harris County District Attorney’s Office declined charges, and the suspect was issued a campuswide trespass warning. The incident occurred at 2:52 p.m. on Friday. The case is cleared by exception.

Theft: A student reported the theft of his unattended and secured bicycle from the bike rack at Cougar Place. The incident occurred between noon on Feb. 3 and 8:30 p.m. on Thursday. The case is inactive.

Traffic Offense: A student reported his legally parked and unattended vehicle was struck by another vehicle in the East Parking Garage. The driver of the striking vehicle failed to leave the information required by law. The striking driver was found through witness statements and provided the required information. A student life referral was issued. The incident occurred between 9 a.m. and 7 p.m. on Thursday. The case is cleared by referral.

Theft: A visitor reported that his unattended wristwatch was stolen from Melcher Hall. The incident occurred between 8:25 a.m. and 1:40 p.m. on Saturday. The case is active.