Crime

Crime log: Feb. 3 to 11

The following is a partial report of campus crime between Feb. 3 and 11. All information is selected from the files of the UH Department of Public Safety. Information or questions regarding the cases below should be directed to UH DPS at (713) 743-3333.

Theft: A student reported the theft of his unattended and secured bicycle from the bike rack at Cougar Place. The incident occurred between noon on Feb. 3 and 8:30 p.m. on Feb. 6. The case is inactive.

Traffic Offense: A student reported his legally parked and unattended vehicle was struck by another vehicle in the East Parking Garage. The driver of the striking vehicle failed to leave the state required information. The striking driver was found through witness statements and provided the required information. A student life referral was issued. The incident occurred between 9 a.m. and 7 p.m. on Feb 6. The case is cleared by referral.

Impersonating a Public Servant/Trespass, Education Code: A student reported a suspicious person who claimed to be a police officer at Lot 21B Resident Parking. The unaffiliated suspect was determined to not be a police officer. The Harris County District Attorney’s Office declined charges and the suspect was issued a campus wide trespass warning. The incident occurred at 2:52 a.m. on Feb. 7. The case is cleared by exception.

Burglary of a Habitation: In a Feb. 8 case update, the Harris County district attorney declined charges on a suspect. The case is cleared by exception.

Burglary of a Motor Vehicle: In a Feb. 8 case update, there are no leads at this time. The case is inactive.

Public Intoxication/Open Container: An unaffiliated male was found asleep behind the wheel of a parked vehicle at 4600 Wheeler St. The intoxicated individual was cited for an open container of an alcoholic beverage and was transported to the Houston Center for Sobriety. The incident occurred at 6:47 a.m. on Feb 8. The case is cleared by citation.

Sexual Assault: A student reported a sexual assault by a known individual at Bayou Oaks Apartments via My Safe Campus. The incident occurred on an unknown date between 10:30 p.m. and 2 a.m. The case is active.

Theft: A student reported that someone removed his wallet from his pocket when he was walking on campus. The incident occurred at 4:09 p.m. on Feb. 10. The case is active, pending new information.

Theft: In a Feb. 10 case update of a Bayou Oaks Apartments theft, the case is inactive.

Theft: A UH-Downtown student reported that a visitor to her apartment at Cambridge Oaks Apartments stole her cell phone. The incident occurred between 3 and 3:10 p.m. on Feb. 11. The case is active, pending new information.