Campus

Calendar: Feb. 20 to 23

Thursday

Energy: Bob Inglis will discuss market solutions to climate change and answer questions with a Law Center faculty member from 6 to 7:30 p.m. in the Hilton UH’s Waldorf-Astoria Ballroom.

Auditions: Student Video Network will host an open casting call for students interested in acting in future commercials, shows, movies, short films and other productions from 6 to 8 p.m. in the New UC North, Room N221.

Lecture: A law faculty member will discuss energy production and development in the talk “Allocating Energy Governance” from noon to 1 p.m. in the UH Law Center, Room 240 BLB.

Music: A faculty flute recital for Peggy Russel featuring works by Jacques-Martin Hotteterre, Toru Takemitsu and other composers will be held from 4:30 to 5 p.m. in the Moores School of Music Choral Recital Hall, Room 160.

Art: An art film by filmmaker Vincent Grenier will be screened from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. in the Blaffer Art Museum. Grenier experiments with perception, natural world and film as poetry.

Friday

Seminar: Gender-based violence in South Asian communities and the structures that support such violence will be discussed from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Rockwell Pavilion located on the second floor of the M. D. Anderson Memorial Library.

Theater: “Our Country’s Good,” which is set in 18th-century Sydney, will have its season debut from 8 to 10 p.m. in the School of Theatre and Dance’s Jose Quintero Theater. Student tickets are $10.

Saturday

Men’s Basketball: The Cougars will compete against University of Central Florida from 1 to 4 p.m. in the Hofheinz Pavilion. It will also be broadcast on ESPN News.

Women’s Basketball: The Cougars will face off against University of Connecticut from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. in the Hofheinz Pavilion.

Sunday

Music: Daniel Webbon will have a master’s composition recital from 5 to 6 p.m. in the Moores School of Music Choral Recital Hall, Room 160.