Campus

Calendar: March 3 to 5

Monday

Lecture: The latest in the UH Ethics in Science Lecture Series, “Ethical Paradoxes of Control: Science, Engineering and the Expansion of Moral Responsibility,” will feature the director for the Center for Engineering, Ethics and Society at the National Academy of Engineering, Rachelle Hollander. The lecture will be from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Philip Guthrie Hoffman Hall, Room 232.

Lecture: The Three-Day Startup Info Session, teaching how to start a business in three days, will be at 6 p.m. at Melcher Hall, Room 322. The event is free.

Tuesday

Performance: Concert Women’s Chorus, ManCorps, University Women’s Chorus, ManChoir and other small ensembles will perform in Songs of Love and Passion at 7:30 p.m. at the Moores Opera House.

Voting: The SGA Voter Registration Drive will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the University Center Satellite and from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday at Butler Plaza.

Workshop: Technology training courses covering Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint will be open to students, faculty and staff of all skill levels from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. in the Learning Commons Training Area at the M.D. Anderson Memorial Library. Seating is limited and will be on a first-come, first-served basis.

Screening: “After Tiller,” a documentary about third-trimester abortions in the wake of the 2009 assassination of abortion practitioner George Tiller, will be shown from 6 to 8:30 p.m. at the University Center South Theater, Room 103.

Debate: A moderated debate on “Renewable Energy: Need for Government Support,” the latest in the 2013-2014 Energy Symposium Series: Critical Issues in Energy, will be held free from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Hilton UH’s Waldorf-Astoria Ballroom.

Wednesday

Talk: “The Greater Evil Who is In? Emotion, Pain and Theatricality in Mexico,” the latest Brown Bag Gallery talk, will be hosted by School of Art director Rex Koontz from noon to 1 p.m. at the Blaffer Art Museum.

Talk: The latest in the three part Life Skills Series, over budgeting and personal finance, will be held from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Women’s Resource Center.

Workshop: Dissertation and Thesis Survival, part of the CAPS Food for Thought Workshop, will be held from noon to 1 p.m. at Student Services Center 1, Room 210D.