Campus

Calendar: March 3 to 5

Thursday

Voting: Student Government Association will have its final day of run-off elections from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. More information about polling locations can be found at uh.edu/sga.

Celebration: Michelle Plair will have a farewell party to celebrate her 20 years of service in the College of Education from 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. in the College of Education Farish Hall, Room 302.

Session: Information will be given about the Nonprofit Leadership Alliance Certification Program from 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. in the Graduate College of Social Work, Room 439.

Reading: First Thursday Readings will take place 5:30 to 7 p.m. in the Honors College Commons.

Film: The Department of Modern and Classical Languages will screen the Italian film “Kryptonite” from 6 to 8 p.m. in the Agnes Arnold Hall Auditorium.

Kickoff Party: CounterCurrent will host a party to celebrate its  upcoming experimental art festival from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the Mongoose vs Cobra at 1011 McGowen St, Houston, TX 77002. Complimentary passes for the five-day festival in April will be given.

Music: A wind ensemble performance will perform works by Felix Mendelssohn, Samuel Barber, Michael Colgrass and others from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. in the Moores Opera House.

Friday

Film: Student Program Board will host screenings of “The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug” at 4, 7 and 10 p.m. in the New UC Theater.

Music: Andrea Ponte, from the studio of faculty member Peggy Russell, will perform her senior flute recital from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. in the Moores School of Music Choral Recital Hall, Room 160.

Music: Kyla Knox, from the studio of faculty member Cynthia Clayton, will perform her masters soprano recital from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. in the Dudley Recital Hall on the first floor of the Fine Arts Building.

Music: Katrina Van Maanen will perform her masters soprano recital from 8:30 to 9:30 p.m. in the Dudley Recital Hall on the first floor of the Fine Arts Building.

Saturday

Art: Blaffer Art Museum will host its Saleri Studio, where the public will have a guided tour of the exhibitions and will be able to try their hands at bookmaking and artmaking from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. inside the museum, located on the first floor of the Fine Arts Building.

Sunday

Religion: Weekly worship and bible study will take place from 6 to 8 p.m. in the A.D. Bruce Religion Center Meditation Chapel, Room 201.