Crime

Crime report: March 10 to Sunday

The following is a partial report of campus crime between March 10 and Sunday. All information is selected from the files of the UH Department of Public Safety. Information or questions regarding the cases below should be directed to UH DPS at (713) 743-3333.

Burglary of a Motor Vehicle: A student reported his unattended and secured vehicle was burglarized at Lot 2A. The incident occurred between 7:30 and 9 p.m. on March 10. The case is active, pending new information. 

Traffic Offense: An affiliated individual reported her parked vehicle was struck at Lot 20C and the striking driver failed to leave the information required by state law. The incident occurred between 6:50 and 9:14 a.m. Tuesday. There are no suspects or leads. The case is inactive.

Harassment/Violation of Protection Order: A staff member reported from the Architecture Building that her ex-boyfriend was in violation of a protective order after he attempted to contact her. The incident occurred between 4 and 4:05 p.m. Tuesday. The case is active, pending new information.

Burglary of a Motor Vehicle: A student reported the burglary of his unattended and secured motor vehicle at Lot 18A. The incident occurred between 2:20 and 8 p.m. Tuesday. There are no suspects or leads. The case is inactive.

Theft: A student reported his unattended and secured vehicle was stolen from Lot 16E. The incident occurred between 2 and 10:27 p.m. Tuesday. The vehicle was recovered by Houston Police Department. There are no suspects or leads. The case is inactive.

Burglary of a Motor Vehicle: A student reported that his secured and unattended vehicle was burglarized from Lot 19B. The incident occurred between 2:45 p.m. Tuesday and 3 p.m. Wednesday. The case is active, pending new information.

Theft: A non-affiliated individual was detained after he was observed in possession of two bicycles at South MacGregor west of Calhoun under suspicious circumstances. The bicycles were confiscated for safekeeping after the individual admitted the bikes were not his. The individual was issued a campuswide criminal trespass warning and released at the scene. A complainant later came forward to report a bicycle stolen and claimed one of the bikes. A warrant was issued for the unaffiliated individual’s arrest. The incident occurred between 4:36 and 4:38 p.m. on Wednesday. The case is cleared by warrant.

Failed to Maintain Financial Responsibility/No Driver’s License/Driving Without a Seat Belt/Passenger Unsecured Safety Belt: An unaffiliated motorist was stopped for multiple traffic violations at 3700 Scott St. The individual was arrested and booked into Harris County Jail. The incident occurred at 6 p.m. Wednesday. The case is cleared by arrest.

Burglary of a Motor Vehicle: A student reported her unattended and secured vehicle was burglarized at Lot 16B. The incident occurred between 7:30 a.m. March 8 and Friday. The case is inactive.

Consumption of Alcohol by a Minor/Driving on Sidewalk: Two unaffiliated individuals were issued Harris County citations when their vehicle was observed driving on the sidewalk at the Armistead Optometry Building. One individual got a citation for Consumption of Alcohol by a Minor and the other received a citation for driving on a sidewalk. Both were issued campuswide criminal trespass warnings. The incident occurred at 2:29 a.m. Sunday.  The case is cleared by citation.