UH presents Cougar Spring Fling

UH fans will want to mark April 11 on their calendars as they make plans to take part in the Cougar Spring Fling. It will benefit local charity Generation One and includes the UH Football Spring Game at Carl Lewis Field and the opening game of the UH Baseball series versus 2013 College World Series participant Louisville at Cougar Field.

The 2014 UH Football Spring Game will start at 6 p.m. and will be followed by an autograph signing with selected players on the right field berm of Cougar Field. UH Baseball’s series opener against Louisville begins at 7 p.m. The Cougars and Cardinals will also square off at 6:30 p.m. April 12 and 1 p.m. April 13.

Tickets for the Cougar Spring Fling, good for general admission to both events, are $5 prior to April 11 and $10 on April 11. Tickets can be purchased in advance through UHCougars.com or by calling the Houston Athletics Ticket Office at (713) 462-6647. Tickets on the day of the event can be purchased at the Houston Athletics Ticket Office, located in the Athletics/Alumni Center, or at the event’s entrances beginning at 5 p.m.

All UH Baseball season ticket holders and single-game, reserved-seat ticket holders ($12 to 15) will be admitted into Cougar Spring Fling with their previously purchased tickets. All seating at the UH Football Spring Game will be general admission.

The Cougar Spring Fling will also offer local Houston food trucks and a family fun zone in the area between Carl Lewis Field and Cougar Field. Fans are encouraged to arrive early for a Spring Game Cougar Walk leading from the north side of the Athletics/Alumni Center to Carl Lewis Field at approximately 5:45 p.m.

Cash parking for the Spring Fling will be available in the UH Football Stadium parking garage and in Lot 16C, located across from Cougar Field on Cullen Boulevard.