Tennis

Kordolaimi earns weekly award

Junior Elena Kordolaimi has been named American Athletic Conference Player of the Week for the second time in the last three weeks after posting a strong showing Sunday against No. 31 DePaul.  |  File photo/The Daily Cougar

UH jumped up six spots to No. 27 in the country.

At the end of the season, the highest nationally placed team in the American Athletic Conference will receive the top seed in the conference postseason tournament.

The Cougars’ 16-4 record is the best 20-match start since they posted a 17-3 mark in 2009, while their five wins over ranked opponents this season is already the most in school history.

Kordolaimi named American Player of the Week

Junior Elena Kordolaimi has been named American Athletic Conference Player of the Week for the second time in the last three weeks after posting a strong showing Sunday against No. 31 DePaul.

UH now leads the conference in spring Player of the Week awards with five. It also has taken home three of the last four weekly league honors. Freshman Despoina Vogasari has been Player of the Week three times and Kordolaimi has won it twice.

Kordolaimi guided the Cougars to a win against No. 31 DePaul last Sunday. She earned her first win against a ranked opponent this season by defeating No. 125 Patricia Fargas in a thrilling three-set match.