Greek Life Life + Arts

Team Sigma Kappa makes marketing personal

Team Sigma Kappa members will distribute marketing supplies around campus to help promote Sigma Kappa sorority.  |  Courtesy of Sigma Kappa

A team of existing Greek members has been created to promote the newest sorority on campus. It will be known as Team Sigma Kappa.

Team Sigma Kappa is made up of current Greek life members and is an effort to promote the newest Greek organization on campus. It is an ambassador program for Sigma Kappa sorority.

They were recruited via an online application from which several Greek members were chosen.

Team Sigma Kappa members will have three meetings with leader consultants in which they will discuss campus life and look for ways to successfully market on campus.

“While our Leadership Consultants will be doing the majority of the promotion and marketing, Team Sigma Kappa members are used to educate their own chapters on our process and help us learn ways to be successful at UH,” said Sigma Kappa Director of Extension Melinda Mettler.

Leadership consultants will hand out pens, buttons, sticky notes and sunglasses while tabling in the University Center this September. Members will wear “Team Sigma Kappa” shirts when they attend colonization events (recruitment events) to help promote the organization.

This process of marketing and recruitment, decided on by its national council, is unique to Sigma Kappa. It is used for each Sigma Kappa Colonization, though it has never occurred on campus before. Team Sigma Kappa will serve as a support system for the new chapter even though they will not be chapter members.

“We feel honored to have this opportunity and look forward to getting to know members of the fraternity and sorority community and joining this outstanding campus,” Mettler said.

Team Sigma Kappa will be deployed and seen around campus this fall.