Crime News

Crime Report: Oct. 20 to Oct. 26

The following is a partial report of campus crime that occurred between Oct. 20 and Sunday. All information is selected from the files of the UH Department of Public Safety. Information or questions regarding the cases below should be directed to UH DPS at 713-743-3333 or [email protected].

Oct. 20:

Harassment: UH-Downtown student residing in Cullen Oaks Apartments reported receiving harassing phone calls as well as being threatened by a known person. The case is active.

Theft: A contractor reported a golf cart stolen at the Welcome Center parking garage. The case is active.

Theft: A student reported her cell phone stolen from the track and field locker room at the Athletic Alumni Building. The case is active, pending new information.

Oct. 21:

Burglary of a Motor Vehicle: A student reported her unsecured laptop stolen from her vehicle. The case is active.

Burglary of a Motor Vehicle: A student reported his parking decal stolen from his unsecured vehicle at the Lot 21A parking lot. The case is active, pending new information.

Theft: A student reported her money was stolen from her unsecured wallet at the Energy Research Park. The wallet was later found at McElhinney Hall. The case is active.

Harassment: A student reported getting harassing texts from an unaffiliated individual. The case is active.

Robbery (on public property): A student reported three unknown individuals on the 3800 block of Elgin robbed her. The case is active.

Oct. 22

Criminal Mischief: A student reported someone intentionally damaged his vehicle on the Lot 9C parking lot. The case is active, pending new information.

Theft: A contractor reported her unsecured purse stolen at the University Center. The case is active.

Oct. 23

Harassment: A student reported being harassed via text messages by another student, as well as emails from a former girlfriend. The case is active.

Criminal Mischief: A student reported someone cracked a mirror in the men’s restroom of Stephen Power Farish Hall. The case is active.

Criminal Mischief: A student reported someone cracked a mirror in the men’s restroom of Cougar Village. The case is active.

Credit or Debit Card Abuse/Theft: A student reported her wallet stolen at the Moores School of Music; unauthorized transactions were made on the card. The case is active, pending new information.

Oct. 24:

Criminal Mischief: A staff member reported someone damaged an exit sign at the Cullen Oaks Apartments. The case is active, pending new information.

Oct. 26:

Criminal Mischief: A staff member reported an interior door was damaged at the Bayou Oaks Apartments. The case is active.