Crime News

Crime Report: Oct. 28 to Nov. 2

The following is a partial report of campus crime that occurred between Oct. 28 and Sunday. All information is selected from the files of the UH Department of Public Safety. Information or questions regarding the cases below should be directed to UH DPS at 713-743-3333 or [email protected].

Oct. 28:

Credit or Debit Card Abuse/Theft: A student at Cullen Oaks Apartments reported his unsecured wallet stolen and said an unauthorized charge was made. The case is active pending new information.

Terroristic Threat: A contractor reported his ex-wife threatened him over the phone. The case is active.

Burglary of a Motor Vehicle (Public Property): A student reported someone broke into her secured vehicle on the block of 3900 Holman. The case is active pending new information.

Oct. 29:

Criminal Mischief: A student reported her secured vehicle was burglarized; the incident happened at the Cambridge Oaks Apartments. The case is active.

Burglary of a Motor Vehicle/Credit or Debit Card Abuse: A student reported items stolen from her unsecured vehicle; the incident happened in parking Lot 15H. The case is active.

Theft: A student lost his wallet on the Cougar Line, and was turned in to UHPD by one of the bus drivers. The student reported that some of his cash was stolen. The case is active pending new information.

Theft: A student reported someone stole her cell phone while she was in class. The case is active pending new information.

Burglary of a Motor Vehicle: A Cambridge Oaks resident reported her secured vehicle was broken into. The case is active.

Theft: A student reported her unsecured cell phone was stolen. The case is active.

Theft/Credit or Debit Card Abuse: A student reported his wallet stolen and that an unauthorized transaction was made on his credit card; the incident happened at the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center. The case is active.

Theft: A student reported his secured vehicle stolen at the Bayou Oaks Ground; the case is active.

Deadly Conduct (On Public Property): an unaffiliated individual reported being shot at with a paintball gun in a moving vehicle; the incident happened on the block of 4200 Wheeler. The case is active.

Oct. 30:

Theft: A student reported her unsecured bicycle stolen; the theft happened at Cougar Village.  The case is active pending new information.

Theft: A student reported several items stolen from his unsecured apartment at Cullen Oaks. The case is active pending new information.

Criminal Mischief: A staff member reported a mirror broken in one of the men’s room at Cougar Village; the case is active pending new information.

Theft: A staff member reported someone stole an unsecured UH-owned laptop computer; the theft happened at the Athletic Alumni building. The case is active.

Oct. 31:

Theft: A contractor reported the theft of a cash deposit and funds from a cash register at the University Center. The case is active pending new information.

Theft: A staff member reported a UH-owned scanner stolen at the Bayou Oaks Apartment. The case is active.

Theft: A delivery person for a local area restaurant reported his unsecured bicycle stolen at the Bayou Oaks Grounds; the case is active.

Theft: A student reported the theft of his Cougar One card; the theft happened at the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center. The case is active.

Nov. 1:

Burglary of a Motor Vehicle: A student reported someone entered and searched through his vehicle sans his permission; the incident happened at the Bayou Oaks Ground. The case is active pending new information.

Nov. 2:

Nothing to report.