BREAKING: O’Korn announces transfer to Michigan

Sophomore quarterback John O’Korn had a struggle season this year with the Cougars, but after National Signing Day he hopes things can pick up as he announced his transfer to Michigan via Twitter.

O’Korn had a promising start at Houston as he accumulated 4,068 yards and 34 touchdowns over his two seasons, 3,117 yards and 28 touchdowns in just his first year, but spent the majority of this last season watching fellow sophomore Greg Ward Jr. run the offense.

https://twitter.com/JohnOKorn/status/563381583143378944

O’Korn will now turn to the guidance of Michigan head coach and former San Francisco 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh to finish out his collegiate career. O’Korn will be forced to sit this next season due to transfer restrictions, but looks optimistically to the 2015 and 2016 seasons as he will find a place in the Wolverines’ offense where they were questioning their presence at the quarterback position.

• All Cougars should wish John and the O Korn’s family the best on his new venture to Michigan! John is a great kid with a world of upside. Sad news is under the previous regime at UH their was not a qualified QB coach. Hopefully he will light the Big 10 up and we’ll meet the Wolverines in a big bowl game down the road

• He is such a great asset to any team. I’m sure Michigan is really gonna make good use of him. Just wish coach Herman would have put him in our long term plans. Maybe he tried but this opportunity was just too good to pass up. Good luck o’korn! You will be missed. CoogNation wishes you the best!

• I think the past season was rough but O’korn is definitely a talented QB. We loved him in this freshmen season, I am sure he will rise to the top again eventually. It really suck to be losing him. GL O’korn, you’re gonna kill it man! Go Coogs! Go Blue!

• I wish O’Korn the best of luck. He was an asset to our team and I am very sad that it didn’t work out for him over here. I will have to watch the Michigan games when he starts playing there.