Crime News

Crime Report: Feb. 2 to 8

The following is a partial report of campus crime that occurred between February 2 and 8. All information is selected from the files of the UH Department of Public Safety. Information or questions regarding the cases below should be directed to UH DPS at 713-743-3333 or [email protected].

Feb. 2

Theft: A student reported witnessing a theft at the Cougar Village C-Store; there were two unindentified suspects. The case is active, pending new information.

Feb. 3.

Burglary of a Motor Vehicle: A student reported seeing a man had burglarized a secured vehicle on parking lot 16H. The case is active, pending new information.

Theft: A student reported her phone stolen on the Fleming building grounds. The student found her phone in the hands of another student, who claimed he purchased the phone from an unknown individual. This case is active.

Feb. 5

Theft/Criminal Mischief: A staff member reported someone stole secured UH property from a recital hall in the Fine Arts bulding. This case is active.

Theft: A staff member reported an unsecured UH-owned laptop missing at Melcher Hall. This case is active.

Feb. 6

Theft: A student reported his unsecured backpack stolen at the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center. This case is active, pending new information.

Theft: A student reported someone stole her vehicle’s fog lamp cover at the East Parking Garage. This case is active.

Feb. 8

Theft: A student reported someone stole his laptop from his unsecured locker at the architecture building. The case is active, pending new information.