Courtney’s Kitchen: Baked broccoli and cauliflower
Now that school is kicking into high gear, stress eating is common, and you’ve probably become used to attacks of the midnight munchies.
Over the years, I’ve learned that the best way to not feel terrible after conquering your work and food cabinet is to either stock up on favorite healthy snacks or cook up a fiber-heavy meal.
For me, last night was one of those “too much work to function” kind of nights. There was no need to fear or neglect it though; I happily embraced it as another excellent opportunity to consume one of my favorites: oven-roasted broccoli and cauliflower.
It’s incredibly easy, filling and outrageously delicious.
Baking sheet, aluminum foil and a clean place to toss vegetables in olive oil
Broccoli, cauliflower, salt (to taste) and olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 425 F.
2. Cover the baking pan with aluminum foil.
3. Break the vegetables into pieces and coat them with olive oil, using as much or as little as you prefer.
4. Place cauliflower on one side of the baking sheet and broccoli on the other in a single layer.
5. Sprinkle with salt to taste.
6. Bake between 20 and 40 minutes, checking frequently.
7. When the broccoli heads become crisp, separate them and transfer onto a plate. Extra time may be needed to brown the cauliflower.
Once everything is golden and scrumptious, proudly carry your creation to your room and get back to studying. Happy eating!