Crime News

Two students robbed at gunpoint outside Cougar Place

UPDATE 6:13 p.m.: UHPD has obtained surveillance footage of the suspect. You can view the video here.

UPDATE 5:26 p.m.: UHPD investigators have obtained pictures of the suspect. The photos are from a gas station in the Briargate/Chasewood area where the suspect made an unauthorized charge from a stolen credit card.

Two students were robbed at gunpoint in front of Cougar Place Saturday night.

The students said they were at the entrance of the dormitory when they noticed a male walking toward them. Assuming the male was a student, they held the door open for him. The suspect then allegedly pulled out a handgun and demanded that the students hand over their belongings.

The suspect allegedly ran over to a purple PT Cruiser parked on Cougar Place Drive. As the car drove away, students said the suspect fired a shot in the air as the car drove down Cullen Boulevard.

The first suspect is described as a black male between the age of 18 to 22, 5 feet 5 inches to 5 feet 8 inches in height and weighing between 150 and 180 pounds, with short, black hair and a goatee. He was seen wearing a navy blue hoodie and blue jeans.

No description is available of the second suspect, who was driving the vehicle.

If anyone has any information pertaining to the robbery, contact the UH Police Department at 713-743-3333 or email [email protected].

• If UH is ever going to be a considered a top school of choice in the state it will need to stop this kind of thing for good!

• Again, Khator has her office under such high security you can’t get to her floor. She has the UH police guard her mansion she lives in for free and she has a bodyguard/limo driver but we pay and have to live in fear just to go to school. The security guards here are a joke. She keeps building but doesnt protect the students!

• More police presence is definitely needed on campus but also, residents should not hold the door open for anyone! Better to seem a little rude and be safe than polite and robbed.