LOT competition to showcase future leaders

The Bauer College of Business expects around 200 attendees for the 13th Annual LOT Case Competition on Saturday.

The Leaders of Tomorrow (LOT) is an enrichment program for minority high school students, coordinated locally by the Student Affairs Committee of the National Black MBA Association – Houston Chapter.

“By hosting the LOT competition, the future leaders are able to see our University and speak with our students regarding their futures and experiences,” said Joyce Williams, the event’s organizer. “The College of Business takes pride in developing the next generation of leaders.  The students participating in the LOT Case Competition are setting themselves apart from others, which is a characteristic of a great leader.”

The primary objective of LOT is to strengthen students’ leadership, academic and interpersonal skills, providing the foundation for success in their personal and professional lives.

LOT programming is comprised of activity-based workshops, seminars, case studies and exposure to formal mentors.

“The students can expect competition,” said Williams. “Everyone brings their A-game, and it is wonderful to watch high school students compete at such a high standard.”

LOT helps students change the way they approach achievement on an everyday basis so that striving for excellence becomes a habit.

“(Students) will be examples for future generations (of) outstanding citizens,” Williams said.