Redline app connects students with UH

redline

Within hours of going live, the app had about 700 unique hits. | Courtesy of UH

UH has a new and updated way of getting you information – and it’s right in the palm of your hand.

Version 2.0 of Redline, an University-sponsored app made in collaboration with UH IT and the Center for Student Media, went live on Monday with added features like a dashboard that allows students to add and remove content, access to student media outlets like Coog Radio and The Cougar and a social media tab that links you to the social media pages of different student organizations.

“The major goal behind the app being a University-sponsored app is that it needs to be as student focused as possible,” Matt Dulin, director for the Center for Student Media said.

“It needs to make it easy for students to find out what’s going on on campus and how to get involved and how to get to class…we’re interested in seeing what it’s capable of becoming.”

Push notifications are also available on the app, reminding students of on-campus events and other important information. Student organizations are also welcome to advertise on a banner within the app. Another update feature includes the map, which uses GPS to show where you are on campus and can help get you to where you want to go.

Since the app is new, the developers added a feature for users to provide feedback.

“The whole idea is to have this be something (students) can do daily,” Dulin said. “We want to hear from students as to what do they want next and what it doesn’t have that they want to add.”