Sports Volleyball

Cougars push winning streak to four matches

Kaddie Platt

Head coach Kaddie Platt and the team have gotten off to a good start this season, with a 6-1 record and a four-game win streak. | File photo/The Cougar

The Cougars extended their winning streak to four games, after defeating Abilene Christian University, 3-1 (25-22, 26-24, 23-25, 25-21) on Friday afternoon.

The win came in the Cougars’ first game of the North Texas Invitational Tournament. This is their sixth win of the season.

The team displayed some the same confidence and composure they have all season, coming back from a six-point deficit in the second set.

The match was close the entire time, as the largest margin of victory in any set was four points.

Continuing on the strong start to her season, freshman outside hitter Brookah Palmer, again, led the offense, tallying 17 kills on the afternoon.

Juniors middle blocker Hunter Wise and outside hitter Claire McCown also had good days. They both finished with double-digit kills, as Wise led the way with a team-high .355 hitting percentage.

With the win, the Cougars are now 6-1 on the season. They look forward to a pair of matches tomorrow with Boise State University and the University of North Texas to wrap up the North Texas Invitational.