Five things to look forward to this week

To start off your Monday right, Homecoming Week will host festivities all week like the Block Party, Building a Cougar bear and the highly-anticipated Homecoming Concert.

November 2: Homecoming Kick-Off Pep Rally
Lynn Eusan Park at 5 p.m.
Bring your Cougar spirit to this pep rally. Homecoming kicks off with the Spirit of Houston, football team and Spirit Group celebrating with fellow Cougars. The 2015 Homecoming Court will be announced during the rally, and the event will be filled with music, giveaways, food and fun.

November 3: Spirit Day CAN-struction and Block Party
Student Center South Lawn from 4 to 6 p.m., and Student Center Plaza at 5 p.m.
Homecoming is giving back to the community on Tuesday from 4 to 6 p.m. in the Student Center South Lawn. The Metropolitan Volunteer Program as a part of the Spirit Cup Competition, will gather can goods, and create a sculpture that will be judged.

Later that day, a Block Party with the Residence Hall Association will throw a party for all students starting at 5 p.m. Come and show your Cougar Spirit, wear red and get fed, and interact with the fellow community while listening to good tunes and playing games at the event.

November 4: Build-A-COOG and COOG-LYMPICS
Student Center Houston Room from noon to 2 p.m., Campus Recreation Center from 4 to 7 p.m.
Get ready to spend time with friends while stuffing your very own animal in the Build-A-COOG event in the Student Center at 2 p.m. There will be many choices of stuffed animals for you to choose from. Supplies are limited, so be sure to arrive early and bring your Cougar ID.

Afterwards, come and cheer on the Spirit Cup competitors at the Recreation Center as they race to show their Cougar Pride. UH groups will participate in various challenges that showcase the groups’ physical and mental prowess. The event starts at 4 p.m.

November 5: Strut your Stuff and Mum Making 101
Student Center Houston Room from 5 to 7 p.m., Student Center Legacy Lounge from 7 to 10 p.m.
Come and support your fellow Cougars as they strut their stuff in the Houston Room in their annual campus-wide talent show. Strut Your Stuff is for individuals, groups and campus organizations to compete for trophies and showcase what they can do. Later that night, join the tradition that traces its roots back to 1901, a “Mum Making 101.” Join the Homecoming Court and Council of Ethnic Organizations to build your own mum, and wear it on game day to show support the Cougars as they take on Cincinnati.

November 6: Homecoming concert
Hofheinz Pavilion at 7 p.m.
This event will feature carnival games, live music, free food and fireworks. Come and enjoy with friends as they close out Homecoming Week. The concert, sponsored by the Student Program Board, will feature Lupe Fiasco and Wale.