Five things to look forward to this week

The Spirit of Houston Band performs during halftime at the Homecoming game against Tulsa. File Photo/The Daily Cougar

The Spirit of Houston will perform at their annual “Spirit of Houston” Cougar Marching Band Benefit Concert on Thursday evening. Donors of $20 will receive a prize. | The Cougar

To start of your Monday morning right, here are just a few of the events rolling out this week including a networking reception for all graduating seniors, a sustainability event and The Spirit of Houston performing for their annual benefit concert.

November 17: Sustainability Fest

11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.

Lynn Eusan Park

Sustainability Fest is a zero-waste event that provides information about the latest developments in sustainability. Features will include a weather balloon launch, bike maintenance workshop, bike social ride, acro-yoga demonstration and giveaways.

The first 500 people with a valid Cougar Card will receive a tote bag and be entered into a drawing for sustainable prizes, so don’t be late.

In the event of rain, Sustainability Fest will be relocated to the Rockwell Pavilion on the second floor of the M.D. Anderson Library.

Any specific questions should be referred to Nicole Blanton at [email protected]. This event is sponsored by the Office of Sustainability.

November 19: Graduating Seniors and Alumni Networking Reception

5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

Student Center, Houston Room

University Career Services presents the Graduating Seniors and Alumni Networking Reception. The event is open and free to all majors, while students and alumni can network and engage with local recruiters from all industries to learn about career opportunities for the future.

Light refreshments will be served. Professional attire is required for all those who attend the event.

For more details and to RSVP, log into the Access UH website and select the Cougar Pathway icon and the events tab. The event is sponsored by the University Career Services, for any information regarding this event please call 713-743-5100.

November 19: The Annual “Spirit of Houston” Cougar Marching Band Benefit Concert

7:30 p.m.

TDECU Stadium

Director of Bands David Bertman and Director of Spirit of Houston Marc Martin will bring forward a fun-filled performance for all students and spectators. So support the Spirit of Houston for an exciting evening of music and dance.

The event is free, but donations are always welcomed. Donors of $20 or more will receive a special gift.

For any additional information about the event please contact the Moores School of Music Box Office at 713-743-3388, or visit their website at [email protected]

November 20: LGBTQ Resource Center Meet and Greet

Noon

Student Center North, Room 201

The LGBTQ Resource Center brings forward a meet and greet event for everyone to attend. Learn more about student volunteer opportunities and organizations. Students are encouraged to participate and understand what the organization aims to bring forward during the year and it’s future events.

Information about the event or any additional question can be answered by Skye Nava at  lgbtws@gmail.

November 21: Game On, Cougars!

10 a.m. to 3 p.m.

M.D. Anderson Library

UH Libraries present a day to play, featuring board games, card games, video games and more for all students, staff and faculty to enjoy.

Spend a bit of your Saturday morning by visiting the library to play. Additional information will be provided when you call 713-743-1050.