Three Cougars earn all-conference honors

WEB-Justin-Tijerina-IMG_3638

Junior guard Damyean Dotson earned an all-conference honorable mention for his play for the Cougars. | Justin Tijerina/The Cougar

Three members of the Cougar men’s basketball team were honored with post-season all-American Athletic Conference awards on Tuesday.

Senior forward Devonta Pollard was named to the all-conference second team, junior guard Damyean Dotson was named all-conference honorable mention and freshman guard Galen Robinson Jr. earned rookie all-conference honors.

Pollard, in his final season for UH, has been a constant force in the paint. He played in all 30 games this season, averaging 13.9 points per game, as well as 5.7 rebounds per game, while shooting 48 percent from the floor.

Dotson made his debut for the Cougars this season and started all 30 games, ranking just behind Pollard in points per game with 13.8, but grabbing 6.9 rebounds per game. Dotson also averaged 30.9 minutes per game, the highest on the team.

Robinson came to UH as a highly touted freshman and found himself one of the premier guards in the rotation for the Cougars at several points, earning 20 starts and playing in all 30 games. Robinson led the Cougars with 103 assists this season, averaging 7.9 points per game while shooting 46 percent from the floor and 30 percent from behind the three point line.

The Cougars wrapped up their regular season last week with a 69-56 win over the University of Cincinnati Bearcats, earning them the second seed in the American Athletic Conference tournament, which kicks off Friday.