Beyonce’s music, cultures will grace Houston this weekend

1280px-BEYONCE_CONCERT_IN_CENTRAL_PARK_2011_Good_Morning_America's_Summer_Concert_Series_-_Central_Park,_Manhattan_NYC_-_070111

Beyonce will come to Houston, musically, and team up with Rihanna at the House of Blues this weekend. | Courtesy of Wikimedia Commons

Beyoncé vs. Rihanna

9:30 a.m. Saturday to 1:30 a.m. Sunday, House of Blues

Prove to the two musical royalties that you are willing to get in formation and have your money to attend this special tribute/dance event! Must be at least 21 years old.

Houston Latin Fest

1 to 4 p.m., Sunday, Jones Plaza

Get your tickets to a music festival that celebrates the Latin culture, heritage and universal diversity. Who needs to fly this weekend when the North, Central, South and the Caribbean shall come to Houston? Hosted by Telemundo Houston.

Pokémon Day

10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, Children’s Museum of Houston

Add more entries to your Pokédex among the premises, see your favorite pocket monsters in reality (read: costumes) and take pictures with staple characters from the media franchise! Oh, and Pikachu ears, too. Tickets are $12, but take $2 off when you come to the event as Charmander.

Incredible India

8:30 p.m., Saturday, Miller Outdoor Theater

More than 60 local dancers will bring years of India’s exquisite culture and beauty to life right before audiences’ eyes. Free tickets for the covered seating area can be picked up on the day at the box office between 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. Or you can head for the hill.

Umbrellas Over the Esplanade

6 to 10 p.m., Friday, 2800 Navigation Blvd.

For this month, “Evenings on the Esplanade” welcome the talents of local artist Amanda De Rosario, the band Nick Gaitan & The Umbrella Man and barbecued treats from the acclaimed Pitmaker Team.

Admission is free. For $20 you can get an umbrella, paint it under De Rosario’s direction upon request and keep your creation when the exhibition ends on Sept. 12.