Football grudge match, energy career fair highlight week of events

Accounting senior Tyler Cummings takes a peek at business management senior Tyler McCloskey's folder. | Ajani Stewart/The Cougar

The first UH Energy Career Fair on Thursday will allow students to network with employers in the energy industry. | File photo/The Cougar

Get your calendars out for this week’s most exciting events, which include an energy career fair, a masterclass and the next football game.

Tuesday: Stamped from the Beginning: The Definitive History of Racist Ideas in America

Agnes Arnold Hall, Room 210

11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.  

Ibram X. Kendi, assistant professor of African-American history at the University of Florida, will discuss his latest book, “Stamped from the Beginning: The Definitive History of Racist Ideas in America,” in a lecture open to the public.

Wednesday: IDEALIST Graduate School Fair

Student Center South

5 – 8 p.m.

Students in attendance can learn about admissions requirements and application deadlines for graduate programs in social work, public policy, nonprofit management, international affairs, public interest law, social entrepreneurship and more. Attendance is free.

Thursday: UH Energy Career Fair

Hilton College of Hotel and Restaurant Management

2:30 – 3:30 p.m.

In collaboration between the UH Energy Coalition and University Career Services, the UH Energy Career Fair will be the first annual event of its kind. The fair is specifically designed for students seeking opportunities within the energy industry. Attendance is free.

Thursday: Cougars vs. University of Connecticut Huskies

TDECU Stadium

7 – 9:30 p.m.

The Cougars will take on the Huskies in the fifth game of the season. For information on how to purchase tickets, click here.

Friday: Guest/Alumnus Masterclass: Jay Sun

Moores School of Music, Room 160

1 – 2 p.m.

The Moores School of Music will host a music masterclass with pianist Jay Sun featuring students from the Moores piano studios. Tickets are free.