Live score: UH football hosts Temple

UH football senior quarterback Clayton Tune threw for a career-high 527 yards last week against SMU. | Sean Thomas/The Cougar

Following a loss to SMU, UH football (5-4, 3-2 AAC) looks to bounce back as it returns to TDECU Stadium to take on Temple (3-6, 1-4 AAC).

Follow along for live scoring updates below:

Final: UH 43, Temple 36

After surrendering a lead held for most of the second half with just over a minute left in the game, the Cougars were able to retake the lead with 40 seconds left to play after a 44-yard Tune pass to Golden.

Tune finished the day with 289 yards and three touchdowns passing while 29 yards rushing and another score.

Sneed also provided a large boost to the offense with 143 yards rushing and two touchdowns.

The Cougars struggled against Temple’s pass offense, giving up 486 yards through the air.

The win makes UH bowl eligible. 

Fourth Quarter (0:40): UH 43, Temple 36

After giving up a late touchdown, the Cougars were able to respond quickly with a 44-yard touchdown pass from Tune to freshman receiver Matthew Golden with under a minute left to play. Tune kept it himself to give the Cougars a touchdown advantage after a successful 2-point conversion. 

Fourth Quarter (1:22): Temple 36, UH 35

With a Sneed fumble giving Temple the ball back with just over six minutes left to play, the Owls pass-heavy attack was able to burn five minutes of game time.

A 6-yard touchdown pass to Zae Baines on fourth down gave the Owls their first lead since the early minutes of the third quarter. 

Fourth Quarter (8:47:) UH 35, Temple 29

Building off a couple of big passes to Barbon and Anderson Jr., Temple closed the gap to six with a 22-yard field goal.

Fourth Quarter (12:49): UH 35, Temple 26

Once again, the Cougars used big pickups on the ground to break down the Temple defense.

A 23-yard run by Sneed put the Cougars in Temple territory followed by a 24-yard gain put UH in the red zone. Capitalizing off the big runs, Tune was able to find junior receiver Nathaniel Dell for his first touchdown catch of the game.

Third Quarter (1:11): UH 28, Temple 26

Coming off of 14 unanswered points, the Owls were able to get on the board in the second half following a 5-yard touchdown pass from Warner to Amad Anderson Jr., completing an 11-play, 70-yard drive.

Third Quarter: (5:58) UH 28, Temple 19

The Cougars continued to build momentum on the ground on their next possession.

A 13-yard rush by senior runningback Ta’Zhawn Henry and an 8-yard run from Tune allowed the Cougars to open it up through the air. Tune connected with senior tight end Christian Trahan for a 10-yard touchdown pass to extend the UH lead.

Third Quarter (13:42:) UH 21, Temple 19

Following a 32-yard Sneed run, Sneed walked in a 23-yard touchdown run to cap off a quick 3-play, 72-yard drive to open up the second half.

Second Quarter (2:59): Temple 19, UH 14

A quick three-and-out and short punt from the Cougars gave the Owls’ offense a short field.

A 43-yard pass from Warner to receiver Jose Barbon set up Temple deep in UH territory. On the next play, 2 yard rush from running back Edward Saydee gave the Owls a 19-14 advantage.

Temple attempted a 2-point conversion which failed.

Second Quarter (5:59): UH 14, Temple 13

On a drive where the Owls overcame a second-and-26, holder Mackenzie Morgan rushed 10 yards on a fake field goal to score. Temple missed the PAT, keeping UH in the lead. 

Second Quarter (11:490: UH 14, Temple 7

After recovering a fumble on the ensuing kickoff, senior quarterback Clayton Tune scored on a 16-yard quarterback draw to give the Cougars the lead.

Second Quarter (14:35): Temple 7, UH 7

After an interception cut their first drive short, a 12-play, 54-yard drive capped off by a 2-yard run from redshirt freshman running back Stacy Sneed tied the game up.

The Cougars converted a fourth-and-12 to keep the drive alive as senior quarterback Clayton Tune connected with redshirt freshman wide receiver Sam Brown for a gain of 15 yards.

First Quarter (10:59): Temple 7, UH 0

Temple opened up the game with a 79-yard touchdown drive that ended with quarterback E.J. Warner completing a 13-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver David Martin-Robinson to put the Owls ahead 7-0 early in the first.

Warner was 6-for-6 for 74 yards on the drive.