Recipe: Pumpkin Pie
As the weather cools, seasonal treats are a must. Here’s a simple pumpkin pie recipe for celebrations in the upcoming holiday season.
Ingredients for crust:
- 1/4 cup butter or margerine (softened)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
Ingredients for filling:
- 15 oz can of pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 lemon rind, grated
- 1-1/2 cups of canned milk
- 2 well-beaten eggs
Placing pie crust in pan and prepare brown sugar pecan layer by mixing together butter, brown sugar and chopped pecans. Spread on crust and bake for five minutes at 425 degrees.
Mix filling ingredients together until well-blended and pour into prepared crusts. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
- Covering the edge of the crusts with foil for the last 10 minutes in the oven will prevent them from burning.
- This recipe fills either one extra large pie plate or two nine inch pie plates; fill to desired size.