Life + Arts Spring Finals Edition

Tips for avoiding a finals horror story

Summer is here, the sun is shining, the clouds are overhead and the heat is sticky. But with that, you still have those looming weeks of terror: finals. Here are some tips to make sure your finals don’t end up a horror story.

Forget what your mom told you, please DO blow bubbles with your gum. Push that idea out of your head and make your way to the C-Store to pick up your favorite flavor of gum. Study while chewing that Hubba Bubba, and then head over to take your test. Chew on a new stick of the same flavor and it’ll make remembering what you studied easier. Don’t believe me? It’s scientifically proven.

Maybe you should, like, not study for a while. Believe it or not, taking a break in your studying actually helps you. Sure, it may take away from some valuable cramming time, but in the end it’s better for you. So don’t be afraid to head over to House of Pies and grab some breakfast at 4 a.m.. Your brain will thank you for it.

No one who sees your Snapchat story is going to care that you’re studying. I know that the temptation is real. You’re in the library alone, your phone is face-down so you can’t see when someone texts you, and then it happens: the almighty Snapchat moment. You have to put it on your story for all of your followers to see, but the problem is, they’re studying too. Take a break from social media for a couple of days. This time, your phone battery is going to thank you.

You don’t have to give up games! To those who have their PlayStation 4, Xbox One, WiiU, iPads, laptops and cell phones all within arm’s length 24/7, this one is for you. You can still play games – but the educational kind, with material that is relevant to your studies. Have your roommate quiz you on the material and you can happily return the favor. Super Smash Bros. will still be there when your finals are over, I pinky promise.