Five Minutes: Senior aspires to be crazy and rich

Nathan Williamson: So what year and major are you?

Darelle Daniels, anthropology senior: I am a super senior of anthropology. You don’t get many anthropologists in Five Minutes of Fame; I only see chemists or business people.

Williamson: It’s just a mater of whom we run into, as some people are more talkative than others. So what did you do over spring break?

Daniels: Oh, Cadillac Ranch. Cadillac Ranch is fun. It is like a 10 hour drive. You’ll want to kill each other by the end of the drive.

Williamson: It’s way out West where all those Cadillacs (are buried)?

Daniels: Yes. The crazy rich guy-I want to be a crazy old rich guy. I also learned something, I celebrated St. Patrick’s day, so according to the charts, you can’t celebrate St. Patrick’s day if it’s (during) Holy Week.

Williamson: How did you hear that?

Daniels: When I signed into AOL Instant Messenger, It has the pop-up stories with news stories of the day.

Williamson: So what do you have planned for the last five weeks?

Daniels: Try to study. When I say I am going to study, I do not study at all.

Williamson: Do you have (Attention Deficit Disorder)?

Daniels: I really do. My friends give me ADD. Like, I will be reading something and I will get a call, and they’re like "Hey, lets go to South Beach" or "Hey, let’s do this or let’s do that" and I tell myself I am going to say "no," (but) I cannot say "no."

Williamson: I see. So what do you plan to do after you graduate?

Daniels: I am going to try to apply for the Graduate School of Social Work at UH, and I want to do community-based planning. Like helping impoverished communities, and helping build them up and give them extracurricular activities. If they have a big gang problem, I want to try to eradicate the gang problems. If they have homeless people on the street I want to help give them jobs. I also want to help connect all minorities.

Williamson: Any shout-outs or final comments?

Daniels: My mom, Rhonda James, Jason Blasingane and

Berina Novesenjac, and video games are awesome.