Copy Center gets facelift

Completely moved in and fully operational, the Copy Center is now located in the Welcome Center and not only sports a new look, but also provides new services.

"The reason we moved was because of space," Copy Center Director of Operations Roddy Chambless said. "There was no more space in the University Center for our growing services."

Previously located in the UC Underground, the Copy Center now has more space – 2,600 square feet as opposed to 1,500 square feet – and features. It is expanding its packing and shipping services to include Federal Express, DHL and the United States Postal Service to enhance its "always free packing and shipping" policy, and in turn incorporate international shipping.

"International shipping is an important service we are now offering because of the large amount of diverse and international students that attend the University," Chambless said.

Other new services the Copy Center will offer are mailboxes for rent and passport/ID photos.

The Copy Center will still conduct the same services as before, such as providing course packets, document binding, poster printing, publication printing and custom stamp creation for students, faculty and staff.

The Copy Center will also offer a variety of discounts and deals to faculty, organizations and students, depending on the service. For the first couple weeks of school, coupons and deals will be given at locations such as the University Bookstore and will be available in various University publications.

"We try to accommodate anybody that comes in and help them with what we can in a fairly priced, economical way," Chambless said.

After an extensive four-day relocation from the UC Underground, the new office is located at the Welcome Center. Business hours will be from 7:45 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. for the first two weeks of classes, with regular business hours from 7:45 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.

"If we have to stay open 24-hours, seven days a week for a job, we will do it," Chambless said.