From the News editor: Your input sought

As News editor, I hope to offer the most accurate, up-to-date and diverse news section that I possibly can.

This newspaper is for the entire University community, so whether you’re a student, staff or faculty member, or someone in administration, this section should reflect what you want to read.

Since I’ll pretty much be living in the newsroom the entire semester, I’m going to need your help in providing you with fresh, compelling news every day.

At the news desk, I get my fair share of mail, press releases and e-mails about events happening in Houston, but for the most part, I miss out on what’s actually happening on campus.

Please feel free to send any news tips my way. If you see an accident on Spur 5, a horse running loose on campus or just anything that strikes your fancy, give me a call at (713) 743-5314, shoot me an e-mail at [email protected], or stop by the newsroom. Who knows? It may be the next top story.

If you have a knack for writing or reporting, stop by Room 151, Communication Building and fill out an application to write for the section. We’re always looking for enthusiastic reporters who want to contribute to The Daily Cougar, or even those eager to learn about working for a daily publication.

Hope I see you around!